The purpose of this tutorial is to walk teachers through viewing PSSA and Keystone Data that has been uploaded into Sapphire for the sections of students they are currently teaching.
**For the purposes of this tutorial, we will only review pulling performance levels. Please feel free to pull and review any data that you may find valuable. **
- Login to Sapphire.
- Select the school year associated with the classes you wish to view. (If the gradebooks are not available for the school year, test data will not be viewable.)
- On the class select screen, click “Assessment Tracker.”
- Assessment Tracker will open and bring you to the Student Filters screen. Select the classes/homeroom you would like to view data for.
- Under Additional Student Filters, select the checkbox next to Gender and highlight Male and Female. NOTE: If this step is skipped, no students will show up.
- Click “Get Students.” It will take a moment to load. You’ll see an “Updating Screen” message in the top right corner if it’s loading.
- You will then see the list of students in the class you have selected. Towards the center middle of the screen, you will see the options depicted below. Select the grid with the green plus.
- In the screen that pops up, select the appropriate Assessment Suite and Assessment Type. NOTE: Do not fill out the Subject Area.
- To get the performance level name (and color) select the option that includes Performance Level Name. This will differ between Keystones and PSSA. Be sure the second checkbox is not checked. This will leave recently moved in students or anyone who doesn’t have state testing data.
- Under “Select Data Instances,” select “School Year” and choose any or all school years you wish to see.
- When you’ve selected everything that you wish to see, click “Add Columns to Canvas.”
- The data will show up on the right side of the screen. If you would like to see graphs of the data that you pulled, click the middle button in the options towards the top.
Please feel free to explore all elements of these screens. If you have any questions, please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or ext. 7262.