Papercut Copier Help
How do I sign into the Papercut copiers?
If you have never used the Papercut copiers, the first step is to link your badge. You will need to do this the first time you use the copier every time you change your password.
- Sign into the copier manually with your username (firstname.lastname) and password (Google password)
- After signing in, scan your Staff ID Badge to link your account with your badge number.
- Once your badge and account are linked, you can simply hold your badge up to the badge reader to be automatically signed in until the next time you change your password.
- If you have recently changed your name and cannot get your badge to sync, contact the Help Desk for assistance.
How do I use the Papercut copiers?
Once you sign into the copiers you are presented with three options: Print Release, Access Device and Scan.
- To print a document, first sign into a computer with your district account and print something to one of the “Follow Me” printers. Scan your badge to sign in and select Print Release. You can then select which documents you want to release to print or you can release all.
- To copy a document, select the Access Device option. Place the document on the glass scanning plate and select your paper size, zoom size, color options and paper tray. Enter the number of copies you would like to make and then press the Start button. Remember to take your original documents once your are finished copying.
- To Scan a document, select the Scan option and then place the paper you want to scan either in the top feeder or on the glass. Make sure that it is set to send to your Gmail account and select whether it is single or double-sided. Click Ok then click the Send button to send the scan to your email.
Please contact your Main Office or Doceo for further troubleshooting or maintenance assistance.
How to Print to or Find the Papercut Copiers
- To print to the copiers, select Follow Me Toshiba if you know that the copier you intend to use is a Toshiba, Follow Me Lexmark if it is a Lexmark, or Follow Me Global if you aren’t sure which kind it is.
- If you don’t see the printer option that you need in the print menu, click on the Destination dropdown then select the See More option.
- Choose the destination you need from the list.
- If you don’t see the option that you need then contact the Help Desk.
What to Do if the Papercut Copier isn’t Printing Correctly
- If you are scanning your badge but don’t see any print jobs waiting for you, first make sure that you have printed from the same account that you are scanning the badge for (e.g. if you print from a coworkers computer or a substitute account, your badge won’t pull that print job).
- Next, try restarting your computer and printing again. Give the machine up 3-5 minutes to spool the print job as it can take longer for larger files.
- Make sure that you are either printing to FollowMe Global or to the FollowMe that is the same as the brand of copier you are trying to print from.
- If the job appears but won’t print correctly, make sure that your paper size is set to Letter on your computer print settings and that the Feed Tray on the side of the copier is securely closed.
- Check to make sure there is paper in the correct paper tray.
What to Do if the Papercut Copier is broken
If the copier says it is offline:
- Press the Power button to turn it off.
- Unplug the ethernet from the copier and from the wall.
- Plug the ethernet cable back into both.
- Turn the copier back on.
- Contact the Help Desk and we will verify whether there is connection to that port or not.
If there is a jam, if the copier is out of toner, or if there is another issue that you do not understand, please reach out to your main office and have them contact Doceo support. Doceo owns of the copiers and handles all copier maintenance. Technology is not able to fix these devices as they are not ours.
Standard Printer Help
“My printer lights say that I’m out of paper, but there is paper in it!”
- If you have paper in your printer but are still getting a warning light, your printer probably has a paper jam.
- Often times unjamming is as simple as opening the front and the back doors of the printer to see if you can access the jam.
- If you don’t see it in any of the doors then you can also check under the toner cartridge.
- Do not try to remove a jam if you think that you won’t be able to get the whole paper out.
- If you are ever unsure about clearing a jam, one of our technicians will be glad to come out and clear it for you.
The best way to avoid jams is to not overfill your printer’s paper tray. Filling it to the halfway point will help your printer live longer.
“My printer is out of toner!”
- If your printer starts flashing a toner light for the first time, contact the Help Desk and let them know.
- Make note of whether the drum light is also flashing.
- If you need toner more urgently than we can provide it, you can take the cartridge out and shake it to get another dozen or so print jobs out of it.
- Alternately, you can print to one of the Papercut Copiers using the steps listed above.
“There was a power outage and now all of the warning lights are on!”
- Power surges or outages can make a printer light up but it is usually easy to Powercycle them.
- Unplug the printer and let it sit for a count of 30 seconds.
- Plug it back in.
- If that doesn’t fix the issue then contact the Help Desk for assistance.
If you require assistance or have a question that is not answered here then contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or at 717-235-4811 extension 7262.