Chrome Kiosks serve as our homemade answer to the need for elementary technology. They are re-purposed laptop computers configured to work like Chromebooks.
Please see below for some common quick fixes or click here for the device directions sheet.
What to do if a Chrome Kiosk doesn’t have wifi connection:
- Try restarting the Chrome Kiosk
- Try pressing “fn”+”f11” for an MSI or “fn”+”f6” for a Dell
- Use “ctrl”+”alt”+”del” to make sure that airplane mode is turned off
- You should get a blue screen that will give you the option to choose a network
- Choose the “Student” network.
General Kiosk Help
To brighten or darken the screen on an MSI kiosk hit “fn”+“f5” to brighten the screen or “fn”+“f4” to darken it. To brighten or darken the screen on a Dell Kiosk hit “fn” + “↑” to brighten the screen or “↓” to darken.
To logoff hit the Windows key
CDTs on Chrome Kiosk
- Open the Kiosk, it should automatically open onto your building’s homepage
- If it does not open to the homepage, press the logout button
- Press “ctrl”+”alt”+”c” to bring up the DRC software
- If you are using a Mac Kiosk, use “control”+”option”+”c”
- Wait a moment and the DRC Menu will come up, it may take a moment
- You may begin testing as you would on any other computer.
- To close the software choose to “Exit to the Main Menu”
- Next, click “Exit” in the bottom right corner
- This should bring you back to your building’s homepage and you may logout as normal